Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Bucket List! The Bucket List!

A few days ago while perusing the interwebs I stumbled across someone's "Bucket List," aside from a mediocre movie I think a bucket list is a swell idea, even Ellen DeGeneres has one. You write down all the things you want to do or accomplish before you "kick the bucket." Little did I realize I write bucket lists all the time. They look like this:





Yes, I need to bucket list a shower. Don't judge me, I'm conserving water.

The amount of stars next to an item represent it's level of importance. As you can see I put a half star next to 'Make bed' and ZERO stars next to sorting laundry. I know what you're thinking: "Man this girl really has her priorities in the right order!" Thank you. Thank you. Usually when writing a daily bucket list I get distracted and start doodling. The only colors I had this day were orange and silver.
 
I really do keep a mental life bucket list and add/subtract from it all the time. I figured if I wrote it down for you maybe you could help me complete my life bucket list, join in with me or steal mine for your own. Some of these are completed and some are from my list a couple years ago entitled: "25 things to do before I'm 25."

LIFE BUCKET LIST
1. White Water Rafting----check.
 My face says: I'm awesome at this. Yes,  I'm the one about to fall out of the raft....

2. Skydiving--- check.
This isn't me, but pretend it is because I dodn't want to dig for the pictures.

3. Get pilot's license.

4. Run in a 5K---Too easy, although I wouldn't count what I did as running and we did drink mimosas afterwards....

5. Own a Bed and Breakfast with a breakfast/lunch restaurant in it called: "Sunny Side Up."

6. Meet J.K. Rowling, author of the "Harry Potter" series.

7. Profess my love to J.K. Rowling in person. 

8. Beg J.K. Rowling to let me be her roommate. 

9. Cry and apologize to J.K. Rowling for going through her garbage cans when caught and have to return her dental floss to the garbage can. 

J.K.!! Over here! LOOK AT ME!! I LOOOVEEE YOUUUUUU!!!!
10. Be in a play....lead role. Duh. 

11. Be allowed to go behind the scenes and check out Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. This means actually TOUCHING the pirates and looking in the little houses, etc. ....c'mon Grandpa can't you make this happen!? 

12. Start a charity for under privileged kids that want to create art.
13. I USED to say be on the "Real World" before it was so skanky and I was too old, but I DID get to meet some people from the Real World so I count that as a win.
Cameron from "San Diego" I'm glad her mouth is just as huge as my own.
14. Learn to sew like a boss. 

15. Learn to garden like a boss. I have multiple books on sewing AND gardening and I have read said books numerous times but somehow that does not make me a master gardener/seamstress, what am I doing wrong!?

16. Write a book--I can say this has been in progress for quite some time. I have 3 different books written in my head. That counts right?!

17. Travel to Egypt so I can do this to the Sphinx: 
My friend, Erica.
18. Go to the Olympics. Back in good 'ol 2008 I was like: "Oh we should TOTALLY go to the 2012 Olympics in London! That would be so fun!"  I said this because back in 2008 I obviously thought I'd be a millionaire jet-setter by now.....nope.

19. Appreciate a rain forest in person before it gets ruined. 

20. Be a great foster parent. 


22.  Bowl a 300. My high score is a freakin' 197. 
Maybe the fact that I'm drinking Miller Lite has something to do with my lack of 300?? Nah....look at that form!
23. Attend a taping of America's Funniest Home Videos in person. I'm a little afraid to complete this one because a) I laugh very loudly b) if something tickles me I can't stop laughing and tears run down my face. They may ask me to leave.

These are a mere FEW of the items on my bucket list. If I never complete any of them that's ok because my life is complete. How you ask? Because I've been here: 


The WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!

What do you think I should add to my bucket list? What is on yours?

3 comments:

  1. Hit me up when I return on the charity for kids who want to make art. ;)

    --Mack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could add....be a girls basketball assusant coach, CHECK! Or watch a surgery....maybe a google eye surgery?? :). No you have a great list! And i love reading these! On my bucket list, I want my kids to see 50 states before leaving the nest

    ReplyDelete