Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Got my hair did....

My hair is an on-going process. It is THICK like horse hair. I especially love when someone casually says: "I have thick hair!" Then my competitive side kicks in and I say: "Oh yeah? Feel MINE sucka!" and then they say: "OH MY GOSH YOUR HAIR IS SO THICK!" and then I smile smugly.

I can happily report that I have never had hair like this: 
Hello sexy 80's hair!

or this:
This is my grandma circa 1972. My dad calls this the "Bonnie and Clyde" picture. I'm thinking she's more of a "Little Bo Peep"

Even though I've never had those stylin' locks I have had some baaaaaad hair cuts in my VERY SHORT lifetime so I'm pretty doggone particular about my hair. I've gone from short to long to short to blonde to red to brown to blonde all in the name of style.

Blonde.

Red-brown

YEE-HAW! Who knows what color this is? Butterscotch?

I think Christian's hair is better looking than mine at this point....

I must be yelling: I have short hair...and I love pirates! My best friend Jana's face says: I told her not to drink that extra coffee, but she just never listens!


Hair is an ongoing battle for women. Am I right ladies? Course I am. My problem is (and this is my problem in life) I get bored easily. I'm not going to say I have ADD but I might have ADD. This translates to every aspect of my life, including my hair. 

This has come back to bite me right on the ass in my life...."Yes hair-cutter person! I really want super short blonde hair...yes I know it's been long and brown for the past 6 months.....DO IT! DO IT NOW!" and then I cry in the car on the way home and call my mom saying: "SHE RUINED MY HAIR!!"

I started to feel the breeze of change right around Thanksgiving. The wind was calling me. Speaking to me. It was saying: "Do it. Dye your hair red. Why not? And go ahead and get some chunky bangs while your at it...c'mon....it's no big deal...."

So feeling charged with the gumption of hair change and the attitude of Why not? It's only hair....
 I marched into my hairstylist's salon looking like this: 
Minus the giant philly cheese steak and chipped nails. 
and came out looking like this: 
TA-DA! Red hair and bangs baby!
Yeah I was an intramural champ in College.....don't worry about it!

So the next time you hear the whisper of change in your ear, I say go for it. Life can be boring enough just living day to day.... just as long as you don't end up like this: 
 **disclaimer! I am in no way related to any of the following**
Boy or girl? Your call.

Or this:

Hello. I'm Timmy and I'm the teacher's pet.
Or even: 
He is saying: "you WANT to know me."
Actually this last one is pretty impressive..... 






No comments:

Post a Comment