Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's that time of year....*update*

Today I was telling Chris in my world the holidays don't start until AFTER Thanksgiving. Then I realized we were in the car driving to Wal-Mart to buy supplies for a Thanksgiving feast tomorrow, and that the holidays had officially commenced without my say-so! RUDE holidays...RUDE.

 I even broke out the 'ol Thanksgiving decorations complete with socks and a clothes hanger.....

 I came home, popped in the movie "Elf" starring Will Ferrel, and made spinach dip in a bread bowl and a pumpkin cheesecake with caramel sauce (question: Do you say CARA-mel or CAR-mel? I say CARmel. I also pronounce Crayola Crayon like cran so I could be wrong on the whole cara vs. car-mel debate).  I'm also making these Meatball Bubble Biscuits and White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread cookies.... I have some work to do.....AND we're going bowling tonight (c'mon 300!!).

I will take a lot of pictures of our feast tomorrow so you can see how it's done in good 'ol Missouri!!!

***udpdate***
 I forgot to mention that yesterday I asked Chris to be my sous chef by reading me the online recipe for the salted caramel cheesecake.  I really didn't need a sous chef, but I was bored and wanted someone to talk to while slaving away in the kitchen......NEVER AGAIN. 
 Here is the sad sad sad truth and fate of the delectable dessert:

Chris: "Ok next up.....add 3 tablespoons of salt."
Me: "Really? Gosh that seems like a lot.........Ok so 3 tablespoons of SALT."
Chris (confident): "Yes. 3 tablespoons."
Me: "3 tablespoons of SALT"
Chris (even more confident): "Yes."
Me: "3 TABLESPOONS"
Chris (confident and annoyed): "YES!"
Me (shakes head in bewilderment but trusting Chris and unknown recipe to know what they are talking about): "oooookay!" *dumps in 3 tablespoons of SALT*

2 hours later...... 
Me: OH MY GOD THIS IS THE MOST DISGUSTING CHEESECAKE I'VE EVER TASTED IN MY LIFE! I FEEL LIKE I'M EATING THE OCEAN IT IS SO SALTY..... *THUMP* (that was the sound of the precious cheesecake hitting the trash can while trying not to puke).


My moral of the story: If you want someone to be your sous chef, don't have them read the recipe to you out loud they might mistake TABLESPOON for TEASPOON...........that and everybody Wang Chung tonight. Oh and if you think 3 tablespoons of salt is a little suspicious and is too much for a sweet dessert...you're probably right and you should go with your gut instinct to double-triple check that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment