Saturday, November 5, 2011

When you're back hurts so bad....

When you're lower back hurts so bad you involuntarily yell: "OW! SON-OF-A...." when simply shifting positions on the couch, you know you're in trouble. This is what my body has been inflicted with this past week.

My back hurts so bad I caught myself sneering and making a snarl face at my 6 year old niece showing me her gymnastics moves. I watched her, but was literally thinking: "Yeah yeah yeah you little jerk! Enjoy that limber back while you can-it's gonna crap out on you in a few years and I'm gonna LAUGH!" and then I remembered it hurts to even laugh (or sneeze or cough) so I probably won't be laughing.

Since I have limited mobility I began dreaming of all the things that I REALLY wanted to be doing and realized I probably needed a psyche evaluation and stat:

Even comparing mailbox prices sounds like a wildly awesome time right now.



Yes, Kyle and I are drinking our wine out of Harry Potter mugs, AND we feel no shame.
Let me be clear, back pain in no way affects my wine drinking ability. I just wanted to show you my Harry Potter mugs and make you jealous. But I did start wishing I could sit on the couch so casually again, little did I know the pain awaiting me when this picture was taken!
 
 I would even relive this embarrassing moment, if it meant I didn't have this back pain!
Truth: I'm not embarrassed at all, I'm actually quite proud of this picture, who else can drink beer from a tiny cup while wearing that hat, making those crazy eyes and STILL have someone that wants to kiss you later!?



 If I could move my body, I'd TOTALLY build this batman cake for my brother, Christian.
Ok fine. I'd make for me- he can get his own batman cake.


I even want to hang out with this guy: 
I mean really, who WOULDN'T want to hang out with Jordan?



I even thought about how when I'm well, I'm definitely hitting up this joint:
You know you're in Missouri when this is a restaurant....


I fantasized about making my house into a mini Arrowhead stadium.....CCCHHIIIEFFFSS......
This is a real house in our area. If I could walk, I'd drive you right to it.

 Unfortunately, until I get better, I won't be able to do any of the awesome activities above and now I'm sad. So until I'll be able to do this:
My sister-in-law cliff jumping, like a boss.
 I'll be the girl laying on the couch watching "Beavis and Butthead" re-runs all day.





No comments:

Post a Comment