Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You need a Layla in your life.

Some people in the world are what you would call 'cat lovers.' Sadly, I am not one of these people.

I used to love cats. I even had a cat named Maid Marian after the character in the Disney movie 'Robin Hood' (I still don't think you understand the magnitude my love for all things Disney). Here is a picture of my 4 year old self and Maid Marian taking a nap...


Yeah that's me in a frilly pink bathing suit taking a nap with my cat that I dressed in baby doll clothes.....No big deal!

 Honestly, I thought I LOVED cats. Then I turned14, begged and received a cat I named Kobe (go Lakers!). Don't worry about the fact that Kobe attacked and attempted to eat my arms and legs on a daily basis, it's ok.

Although, it kind of looked and felt like this: 
NO KOBE NO!!! DON'T GO FOR THE JUGLAR!!!

Actually it wasn't ok. It wasn't ok at all, and I was tired of getting rabies shots every 2 weeks. Needless to say, Kobe had to go. 
THEN when I was 20 I decided I needed a cat to keep me company in my apartment. Who lets me make decisions!?!? I got an orange fluffy cat Chris named Hank. Let me just say: SCREW Hank. I HATE Hank. That was years ago, and I'm still nursing a hatred for that damn cat. He and I didn't understand each other whatsoever. After that I said: NO MORE CATS FOR ME!! 
Then I got Betty. 

......and she's basically a cat.

Since Betty fulfilled my animal cuddle need (and wasn't snooty like a cat). It was decided that we needed an actual dog-dog, to go with our cat-dog. Enter this thing: 

HOWDY Y'ALL!
I'm Laya and I HATE fake pumpkins and art supplies!
Other than eating the burrito I left on the table last night while coaching a basketball game; Layla is kind of perfect.  She is ALL that is dog:

 and a bit of a card shark.
We built a blanket fort last Saturday (pics to come) and Layla just HAD to get in on the card action. Her face says: "I TOLD you to throw down the pair of threes. Now do it. And then make me a snack."


In addition to being a bad ass card shark dog , Layla also thinks she is human:
"uhhhh....NO. You sleep on the floor, I called dibs on the bed. ALL of it. Also, I need a new pillow, yours is too fluffy and hurts my neck."

She will always protect you from the evil vacuum cleaner...
 
She HATES the vacuum cleaner like I hate Hank, the stupid orange fluffy college apartment cat. 

If you ever need a frisbee partner or a running back for your football team, give Layla a call because she's got the moves:


Here she is trying to find a ball for us to play with. She is a bit suspicious that I am holding out on her, and comes back to check on me. When you see Betty, you will understand why I think there needs to be a "doggy braces'' invention......


Layla always stays loyal to her football team even when they lose to the Patriots 34-3......
Chhhhiiieeeffsss........
I think I hear Chiefs offensive coordinator calling.....Layla will get back with him......


The best part of having your own Layla? 
I mean beside the obvious card shark bodyguard, human like qualities, fearless vacuum fighter, physical prowess, ball hunting skills and loyalty?


She's not a cat.



















No comments:

Post a Comment