Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bowling extraordinaire

A few days ago, I wrote the masterpiece called: "The bucket list! The bucket list!" As usual, I thought of 60 more things I would like to add to my bucket list like: create a new recipe and hit a home run (this does NOT have to be achieved during an actual game or on an actual field).

If you remember, one of my bucket list items was to bowl a 300. Well I went bowling with Chris and my parents last night, can you guess what happened?? C'mon, GUESS! If you guessed that I bowled a perfect game.... 13 strikes in a row.... a score of 300....then you guessed...

WRONG! Yay for you! 
This picture is from last year when we were in a bowling league, but you could pretty much substitute it for any other time...except I have blonde hair now and different glasses because I lost the ones in this picture AND I hate Miller Lite.....I'm only drinking it because it was free and free beer is always good beer.

It's ok I didn't bowl a perfect game, I'll get another chance soon because we bowl a lot. A lot a lot. We even have a locker to keep our shoes and bowling balls in:

Chris is holding my shoes and trying to get my ball (oh yeah--totally have my own ball) out of our bowling alley locker....shortly after this picture I realized I should have asked him if he needed help, but ....I didn't. 

It is vitally important to have the right equipment when bowling. You can opt to use the bowling shoes at the bowling alley that THOUSANDS of people have worn before you: 
 Note the many pairs of shoes on the shelves and any other possible bowling accessory you made need is readily available.
 Or just get a pair of your own! 
These little babies have seen better days. 
I got them as a  Christmas present from my parents two years ago.
After my mom saw what a blast bowling was she decided to get in on the action. Not wanting to wear the musty shoes provided by the bowling alley she decided to express herself with a pair of bowling shoes that showed her personality:

SHA-ZAM! Tie-dye bowling shoes? Yes, please!

When bowling, you must put your name into the mini-computer to track your progress. I find putting in funny or book characters as names makes us all bowl much better:
In the 1 position you have D for 'Dragon' (dad). R for 'Rocksteady' (me). Number 3 DQ is 'Dancing Queen' for mom and NH is 'Night Hawk' for Chris. As you can see Night Hawk had a heck of game, rocksteady not so much.....

Look at that form! Go mom go! Let's just all assume that this turned out to be a STRIKE!

Night Hawk is obviously AWESOME at bowling....and life.

So if you're ever in Missouri, be sure to look me up.

I'll definitely take you bowling. It doesn't matter if it's tomorrow or ten years from now. Why not? Because like the sign says when you walk out of our bowling alley: 
Oh hell.

(Obviously the sign is to big for my camera....)

 Take 2: 
*sigh* since this is clearly not working.....

..... I've recreated the sign for you and added a just little bit more pizazz....



No comments:

Post a Comment