Friday, September 7, 2012

The Top Eleven Ways to have a Surprise Party.....

You can read all about my love of surprise parties here. We are going to a surprise party tonight, but right now it's raining so hard we can hardly hear each other talk:


Yikes, Missouri!

This past summer's theme seemed to be "Surprise! It's Your Birthday Party!".  Since I went to quite a few of these parties, I'm kind of an expert- you'd really do well to listen to me. So without further ado, here are my Top Eleven ways to have a kick-ass birthday party: 

1. Make sure there is actually someone that wants to throw a surprise birthday party.

In Michele's case, it was her good looking kids that pulled everything together.


2. Beautiful birthday signs are always a hit, and the birthday girl (or boy) can take it home as a memento! Hannah and I made this sign for her mom, Joni. 






3. Don't forget the cake!


 4. Adult refreshments should be abundant:

The birthday hat is optional, but my father-in-law wanted to celebrate 50 in style.



5. It's always fun to tell stories to the birthday honoree. I'm actually telling the story here, not listening, despite my shocked face. It was about Hannah, which is why she's covering her face with horror, and her mom is trying desperately not to laugh at her.

"....and then I said: Hannah! What the hell are you doing?!"

6. Family members should definitely be involved: 
Can you tell they are sisters?

7. Don't forget the cake!!!


8. You should always sing happy birthday: 

9. A happy host or hostess, is the best kind of host:
Hi Carrie! You sure are a great hostess, and your house should be in a magazine!

10. A table full of delicious food makes the mood perfect for good conversations:  
Does this remind anyone else of Da Vinci's "The Last Supper"?

11. And finally, whatever else you do, just DO NOT forget the cake:

Ok. Ok. Ok.  You're right. I know, it's NOT always about the cake, I mean.....

....sometimes it's cupcakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment