Tuesday, September 25, 2012

When in Rome

We went to the Kansas City Art Fair last weekend. The entire plaza shuts down, and the streets are filled with food from AMAZING restaurants, art from some creative (or crazy) minds, and people from all walks of life. Although, at one point, a balloon popped loudly, and you heard the collective gasp of the crowd. It even scared me. I immediately grabbed Chris' arm and yelled a curse word. Then I immediately went to find  bathroom, but those two things aren't related (lie). 

It  was SO CROWDED, in a good way, but it took forever to find a place to park and actually make our way into the art fair (herding cats!). But once we were finally on our way, we could feel the excitement and fun just waiting for us:

We did make time to stop and capture some memories:




But when Christian saw this amazing piece of artwork:
(It's supposed to be a better shot of Kermit puppeteering Jim Henson's head, but I was being jostled a bit by the crowd. Still, you get the idea! )
He had to sit and calm himself down!
"Did you guy's see it?! Did you?! DID YOU?!"

Well, his excitement was either spotting the Kermit picture, or watching this guy eating fire:




I'm still not sure if I'm freaked out or impressed by this bejeweled Octopus:
I just decided: Freaked out. It's the doll eyes.

I wish I could show you a picture of the delicious food we ate, but I was too busy....eating.

If you haven't been to the Kansas City Art Fair, I highly recommend you make the trip. 

And even though this guy didn't come with us, because he's in college now and college kids don't hang out with their sister on a Saturday afternoon at a perfectly good art fair, we still had a blast.

                      
ANDREW! Why do you reject my love!?

But not everyone who was left at home was happy, especially this Boxer:
"But! But! But! Why would you leave me?! Whyyy? You know how I feel about art!"
When we returned home Sunday I apologized to Layla for not bringing her with us. 

I promised she could attend next year, but only if she wore this: 


....and let me carry her around like this:


Unfortunately, she declined.


No comments:

Post a Comment