Sunday, December 4, 2011

Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting......

Since my sister-in-law is due to push a human being out of her lady parts any day now, I wanted to have some special time with our 6 year old niece before her little brother got here and stole the show.  Let me just say: The kid can party! To be fair, she comes by it honestly....

 
My life's motto.
 
We started the day off at my 7th grade girls basketball game. Did we win? Oh sweet sweet reader. You are so funny. So gentle. So naive. The answer is NO. No we did not. Don't ask me the score, I won't tell you. I will not tell you the score! I will not tell you that the other team scored 56 points and I will definitely not tell you that we only scored 6 points (you read that correctly).  whistley was NOT happy! This is a conversation that might have happened between our players:  

We decided some Mexican food (translation: margarita) was the only cure to our bad losin' basketball blues (say that ten times fast) and the fam went to our favorite local Mexican restaurant. After a much needed food gorging, we realized we were on a roll and thought: "Hey! Why not keep feeling good and go see The Muppets?" Have you seen the Muppets yet? Go. Now. So worth it. Kermit speaks to your soul:

Welcome back, gang. Welcome back.

Still on a singing and dancing high from the Muppet movie, we came home and got the real party started. Homemade hot chocolate, junk food, staying up late, and candy for dinner included. Then we played THE GAME TO END ALL GAMES

                                                     
I promise you, one day I will explain my passion for Disney with you. I want to give my obsession the attention it deserves, and gather all my pictures, stuffed animals, plates, dolls, pins, clothing items, movies, etc. in one area to take a proper family picture with them.

You can imagine my suprise/shock/elation/almost cried/happiness when I learned there was a 'Disneyland Adventures' video game for the Xbox 360 Kinect. We immediately went and got it. Luckily for the 6 year old, Alli, I played on Friday night because she is a GAME HOG and I will punch a child.

Here is a picture of Chris trying to direct her through the park (psh, I could do this with my eyes closed).....
This picture tells me 7 things:
1. I still need to put my clothes and suitcase away from our St. Louis trip last weekend.
2. I should probably finish my Christmas decorating sometime before December 25th.
3. I have yet to send my Grandma the painting I made her.
4. There are 6 pairs of ladies size 8 shoes by the front door which means they are all mine.
5. My toes are very shiny and a little strange looking
6. These file folders have been sitting on the fireplace for over a month now and would probably like a more permanent home.
7. Chris needs to take this crate of books back to school already (geez! The guy is a walking mess! Oh - the walking mess is me? You're probably right)!

Uhhh....I gotta go guys, my house needs me. Maybe I could recruit Alli into doing some chores for me.

WAIT! What am I saying? Who needs to clean their house when CLEARLY painting a picture of cats sitting in a tree is a MUCH better choice:
MEEE-OW!

No comments:

Post a Comment