Friday, October 21, 2011

What's going on here?!

Sometimes when I'm going through old pictures I like to amuse myself by "captioning" the photo or subjects in the photo, kind of like Awkward Family Photos but for my own personal family. For example:

                                       An innocent picture of my brother and I in a basket really is:
 "Oh no momma! I wasn't shoving him in this basket to drop off at the orphanage in the middle of night! See look! I'm getting in too....now....you go in the other room....that's it...now take a nap and when he goes missing, don't worry about it and just take me to the park by myself like the good old days!!"

 This very old picture of my grandparents, father and Aunt at a lovely Christmas gathering turns into:
"The proud, unsuspecting mother was severely disappointed when she realized the man behind her would soon be her son-in-law and father to her grandchildren. It wasn't the bunny ears that made her cringe, but the peach sweater."
 

                                     When I see this picture of my mom being fancy, all I hear is
"HEEYYY BOOOYYS!!! Come on over to my house for ovaltine later!"


This glorious picture of Andrew's first day in the world, and a family SO happy with the new addition says:
"Me: Seriously Dad? Another one? You swore to me there would be NO more brothers!
Dad: Just shut up and smile. At least you're still the only girl!
Christian: Wait. What?! There's a baby?"




My mom and dad at a pumpkin patch:
"Dad: Why does everyone keep looking at me funny and saying: "eh"??
Mom: I told you that you were one shirt away from a Canadian tuxedo!!"


                               
                              My dad is trying to relax while listening to music, but really he is hearing:
"You are getting veeerrry relaxed. You have no wife....No children....you are on island by yourself with endless amounts of steak and beer......"



In this picture of my 1st birthday, I hear my grandma shouting: 
       "Hooray you did it! You had a kid for a whole year and she isn't dismembered or maimed!"


and finally:
                                                        COLLEGE: Not for the faint of heart....

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment