Monday, October 24, 2011

It don't get no better.....

                                                      1,2,3...................
                                                   .............and away we go!

This last weekend I went to Branson with Chris. Don't let the fact that Branson is in the Ozarks fool you, it's pretty awesome. It can boast that it's home to the mid-west's version of Disneyland, Silver Dollar City, and a lot of 'shows.' I have only been to two shows in Branson in my very young lifetime, and I gotta tell you the '50s Music Spectactular was, in fact, spectacular. All of the 60+ years old grandparent's in attendance thought so too, it brought them back to their sock hop days. 

When Chris and I decided to go to Branson for the heck of it, I emailed him: "So what are we going to do besides Silver Dollar City"? He immediately replied with: "See a show"? The idea of actually attending a show amused and excited me greatly so I emailed him this in return:

                                     "Uhhh....Ok? What show were you thinking? The Baldknobbers?
                                                             -insert dueling banjos here-  
                                                                 

                                                                      Oh wait! I know:
 
                                                                (Helllloooooooo Dolly!)

                                                           
                                                                           Nope. Got it:                                            
                                                              (Yakov? Yak-yes please!")

All I got in response to my awesome show ideas/suggestions was: "Let's just see what happens when we get up there."

So we decided to let our hearts be our tour guide, and throw an agenda out the window, along with our dignity. We cruised on the the VERY busy Highway 76 (which my dad calls parking lot 76), and found our first adventure:

  You may think it's strange that out of all the fabulous places in Branson we ended up here, but I don't. I have a special affinity in my heart for old cars, particularly the '57 Ford Fairlane. I sighed and said: "I want to go there (in my head I finished the sentence by saying: someday)." Chris said: "You do? Right now?" and then I remembered that there was NO agenda on this trip. My heart lifted, my palms got sweaty and I shouted: "YES! YES! I WANT TO GO THERE! RIGHT NOW! TURN TURN TURN!!" So he did, and I was in paradise.


  Here the "Men in Black" car just sits around waiting to catch  those evil aliens trying to take over the world, like a boss.





Speaking of Evil, here is Eval Kinieval's motorcycle:
I told Chris I could see him rocking this down the highway and with a bandana and a leather vest with fringe hanging down (chaps optional). He said the only way he'd do that is if Betty could ride in a basket on the back with her own bandana (chaps NOT optional).  



I did find my dream car:
This is clearly my 'thinking pose,' and I'm obviously thinking of how fabulous I would look driving this Desoto through Shakes to get some ice cream while wearing a poodle skirt.



Chris thought he found his dream car:
until he turned the corner and saw THIS fine piece of machinery: 




The Bat-Mobile! Who knew it retired in Branson, Missouri!?
I mean, it's not pink or anything like my dream car, but whatever....

We then discovered that if Chris bought this car, I could totally drive this: 
                                                      Rubber bat-girl suit optional.




Most of the cars in the car museum were for sale (and there were over one hundred). After much persuasive arguing on my part (a.k.a. begging) Chris finally consented to letting me buy one of the cars (no, really!). I settled on the '57 Bel-Air. I love Bel-Airs because of their awesome fins at the back, here is mine: 
Isn't it cool?! I realized I couldn't just let you only see the fin to my new car, so I stepped waaaay back and got a shot of it as a whole: 





Hooray! My very own '57 Chevy Bel Air!

When my cousin got married, my grandpa asked her new husband where they were going on their honeymoon, he replied: "Branson." My grandpa got so excited he shouted and exclaimed: BRANSON!? IT DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THAT!

No it doesn't, grandpa. No it doesn't. I mean, really, where else can you see:


                                                            A giant bust of Ronald Regan?

or even
Titanic?

and how about
A fake dog fake peeing on the tire of a classic car? Yes, please.
 
But don't forget about
Yes, that is a giant guitar neck coming out of that hotel/indoor/outdoor water park (I've stayed there and it's totally awesome!).  
            

I'd like to find any other place in the world that you could drive down the road and see this: 
Oh Branson, it truly does NOT get better than you!!!

***Check back tomorrow to see how I am basically a celebrity by now***

No comments:

Post a Comment