Thursday, October 6, 2011

A slight obsession is okay....right? RIGHT?!




                                               See? Doesn't it look like fun already?

The last time the fam and I went to Colorado, my Aunt insisted we visit a restaurant called "SNOOZE." At the time, I was just along for the ride and thinking to myself: "I could use a good breakfast after the night I had last night!" Does anyone else need GREASE after a night of over-indulging? Little did I know the joy, no! The ecstasy, nay! Pure, true happiness and peace awaiting me in this small restaurant inside a shopping center.

If you are lucky enough to be in the Denver area you must go to Snooze, or I will no longer be your friend.
                                                      
 
We went the same day as the "Canvas and Cocktails" party. That is me with my arm up in the air saying: YES WORLD! I've found it! Perfection in French toast!!

And now the food tour:
                                   Peaches and Cream French toast topped with Streudel.
The cream, we think, is ice cream mix that is not frozen but chilled. It takes exactly like heaven...er...I mean...melted vanilla ice cream. I'm not THAT crazy to compare french toast to heaven...actually, yes. Yes, I am that kind of crazy. And heaven it was.

Ahhhh...The Caprese Eggs Benedict with Balsalmic Vinegar and pesto. If this looks gross to your eyeballs, your taste buds will most certainly disagree with them. I ate mine half way through before remembering to take a picture.

This is what is left over from my grandma's Biscuits and gravy (served on a puff pastry) and an egg on top!! That mush to the right is delicious hashbrowns.



Here is our table, replete with mmm...mmmm...mimosas and high-caloric foods. This was a feast to end all feasts, and I don't care that I now cannot fit into my "Skinny Jeans." Let's be honest here, I've never owned a pair of skinny jeans, but if I did you better bet your bottom dollar I wouldn't even attempt to squeeze into them- I know when I've been beat! Breakfast- 1 Jess-0


The best part is, after the glutton buffet that is snooze, we went to WHOLE FOODS and bought even more food--for the party of course!! And I didn't touch a single morsel to my lips that evening because I was watching my girlish figure after the Snooze debauchery....that's a lie.

 
 Not quite peaches and cream french toast but it will do.  I must add that SNOOZE isn't for the faint of heart. If you are too scared to go, call me - I'll gladly bear that burden for you, that's just the kind of gal I am.

 My mom and I were informed by my Uncle Tony that it is not wise to drink liberally on a Friday night and the next day travel 14,000ft up the side of a Mountain  where oxygen will be scare anyways. This threw our whole game plan off for "Canvas and Cocktails" party. Actually, it threw my mom off, I still canvased and cocktailed like a champ!! 

 Fortunately, everyone was in good spirits that Saturday morning and we journey up to Pike's Peak via cog rail. Cog rail traveling is pretty cool we sat three on a side facing each other while listening to our tour guide make bad jokes mixed in with a little history.


            Don't mind my double chin....it's from this little place called SNOOZE. Ever heard of it?


Our travel partners sitting across from us. 

We actually had a rowdy group of 40+ year old women sitting across the aisle from us. They were chatty, catty and sounded like what you would hear if you pictured a group of hens in a hen house. At one point they were so loud and disruptive (talking about which pills you can take and still drink wine) I said: "SHHHH!" in a very terse way and gave them the evil eye. They looked at me shocked but unashamed and I said: "I'M TRYING TO LISTEN." That shut 'em up....until 5 minutes later when one of them declared her love of all things chardonnay.

Needless to say we made it to Pike's Peak. It snowed on us and as we were leaving there was a thunderstorm a-brewin'. We saw yellow-bellied whistling varmints, mountain sheep and a few birds (which no offense, we see crap like that around here all the time...c'mon Pike's Peak! Impress me!).

The air was super thin. I felt like I had really shallow breath and my tongue felt abnormally HUGE in my mouth. I think my family might have liked that because it shut me up for awhile.
HOORAY! WE DID IT!!!

                                                   ** Now, who is ready for Snooze?!**































No comments:

Post a Comment