Thursday, October 20, 2011

We've got a star on our hands....

Nope. It's not Betty, and it's not Layla....It's Chris!! Hooray! Huzzah! High fives all around!

Chris was voted "Star Teacher" by the students (he keeps trying to tell me it was him and three other teachers awarded that, but I refuse to believe such nonsense-it was him and ONLY him!). I was trying to think of a way to properly show my pride in him and finally came to the conclusion (and the fact I'm at my office) I should use "Paint" to make him something! My first creation came out like this:

                                

#1 I was extremely displeased with my lack of motor skills using the mouse as a writing tool, this would not do. It would not do AT ALL. I had no fear and tried again: 

#2 I thought lightning bolts would really exemplify my feelings of pride and admiration, but I still was unsatisfied. I knew there was a much better way to say: "I think you're so awesome to get this award ALL by yourself! You deserve it!" So I created my masterpiece number 3:

#3 How BORING is this?!? I disliked this one the most. I was starting to get a little discouraged so I then went crazy and created congratulations #4:


#4 When I saved this, I saved it under the name: "What the heck is this" It would not do either. Although, I liked the cleverness of making the pencil the star....not only are those darn teachers "stars" but they're clever too!

At that point, I felt like doing this to my computer and my own computer skills:




I couldn't stop getting the phrase: "Big bright shining star" out of my head. I googled it and apparently this is a line uttered by the fabulous Mark Wahlberg in the movie Boogie Nights. I have never seen Boogie Nights so I have no idea how it entered my subconscious, which frightens me just a bit. ANYWAYS, I thought maybe Mark could tell Chris Congrats better than me. Hence, creation number 5:

#5 Well hellllooo Mr. Wahlberg!
Then I thought maybe Chris would like to hear Congratulations from his personal hero, and creation #6 was made:

 #6 Micccchhhaaeelll Jooorrrddaaaannnnn!!! (said like an announcer). I was fairly satisfied with this and then realized Chris would probably really love for Ryan Gosling to congratulate him so I gladly looked up Ryan Gosling pictures and created #7:

#7 after many many many hours internet research I thought maybe Chris wouldn't like to hear congratulations from Ryan Gosling after all, and I gave him his own hot chick to tell him how awesome he is:

#8 This incited much jealousy within myself and I decided Jessica Biel would most certainly BE NOT congratulating Chris on his outstanding performance. Plus she like totally sounds like a total bimbo, right?!

So after thinking it through, I decided to let the neutral thing that we both enjoy convey congratulatory expressions of pride and joy:

#9. THEN I realized that using a beer to celebrate being a good teacher must be wrong on some level so I created number 10 and settled on it. It has GOT to best the best one yet.....

#10 You can't go wrong with a "congratulations" from your dog!!!

1 comment: