Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I GOT IT!!!!

I went to the boys baseball game yesterday, and they WON (duh)! I was enjoying the nice weather, the exciting game and Chris in baseball pants......
yes that is my smooshy faced little brother  playing catcher, like a boss!

.......when I suddenly had a little excitement (and a win), of my own. 

The announcer in the press box suddenly announced the crowd members were going to play a game of their own called, "What's in your pocket?" You play this magical game by checking your pocket/purse/wallet for the item they decide, and the first person to the press box with that item wins a prize. 

Prize you say? I'm intrigued! what object were they going to ask for!? Is it possible I could win this race to the press box with THE item they asked for?

I waited in anxious anticipation for the mysterious item. I heard the announcer say: "Okay ladies and gentlemen, the item we are looking for is......a movie ticket, whoever brings a movie ticket up here wins the prize"

I immediately looked in my wallet. I saw a little piece of white sticking out, and gave it a tug.......
....Is this what I think this is? 
A movie ticket to win the prize of all prizes!?

IT WAS!!
I literally screamed: "I GOT IT!!!" and turned to run to the press box...

Assessing there was no early competitors in my recent path, I  quickly jumped up and trampled over Claude to make sure I was the TRUE WINNER:
MOVE IT, CLAUDE! I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'VE HAD A DOUBLE KNEE REPLACEMENT!
CAN'T YOU SEE THE MOVIE TICKET IN MY HAND!? I'VE GOT A PRIZE TO WIN!

I claimed my prize and looked around....no one had even gotten UP yet! Boom! That's how I roll. I had such an adrenaline rush I was shaking. I WON! I WON! I never win ANYTHING! I could hardly contain my excitement, I was so excited Troy had to open my prize for me.....
He opened it up carefully and.....
 ...was obviously impressed.

What did I win? This brilliant prize? Be prepared to be impressed....

A bag to put my lunch in and $25 off my purchase of $70 or more at the Polo Ralph Lauren outlet.
YES!!!

It just goes to show you...
....NEVER throw away your movie tickets, you'll never know what great prize you'll win!







2 comments:

  1. LOL! Cracking up, good ol' Claude!! Never can forget that face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome for you Jess!!!! Kelli:)

    ReplyDelete