Monday, March 26, 2012

Take notes, boys:

You might not know this about me, but I love to read.  I'll read anything. Sometimes when I'm in the bathroom (and realize I might be in there for awhile), I read the back of the shampoo/conditioner/soap/face soap bottles. I have shelves full of books; boxes in the garage, full of books; books in drawers; under my bed, and even in my car.  I consider my books as friends, "Oh I read that during my 'Van Gogh' phase in college, I can't get rid of it!" I blame my dad, he's a worse book hoarder than me.

Hoarding is such an ugly word, let's just say I'm an avid collector.
 I'm a sucker for surprises. I love opening an old purse, and finding a necklace I forgot about; or finding a candy bar in the jacket I haven't worn since the PREVIOUS winter....yeah, I totally ate it.

That sad/gross story being told, my point is I like to leave whatever piece of paper I'm using as a book mark, in the book- like a surprise for later. I've found shopping lists, old drawings, a note from my deceased cousin Katy saying hi, etc. I open each book to find something I completely forgot about.

 I was supposed to be cleaning, when I stumbled upon the photo guest book from our wedding; and I started feeling nostalgic. I opened it up and 3 letters fell out of it. These were no ordinary letters, but old love letters from Chris I put in there for safe keeping.

Take notes boys, because this is how it's done:

When you need to apologize for being rude (as a 20 year old boyfriend): 
"I am sorry that I am not the most nice and caring boyfriend ever, but I love you so much and I want to be with you forever. I know I am sometimes grouchy and a little mean,  but it is just a mood I get into. It doesn't mean you did anything, or I am not happy with our relationship. As long as you want to be my girlfriend I am happy. I love you so much, and I feel so lucky to have you as mine."

When you want to encourage (as a 24 year old fiance): 
"First of all, I really admire you and how you continually search for things to make you happy. I know you're not perfect, but in my eyes you are- so I don't always see the things you need help with. I want to be there for you, and provide you with all the help you need and more. I think you are absolutely wonderful in every aspect of life (except maybe math because you don't try).''

When you want to make sure she knows you think she's pretty: 
You have no idea just how beautiful and sexy you are. I know you struggle with certain parts of your appearance and I should do a better job of making sure you know how I feel about you, but seriously you are smokin' hott! And yes, that is hot with 2 t's.


When you want her to know you'll be with her forever (as a 27 year old husband): 
I am so happy with our life, and I hope you know that you are the reason. You are such a wonderful person, and you have made me a much better person. I love you so much, and all I want to do is spend the rest of my life with the woman I love.

Your husband and best friend,
Chris

I just realized I've got to go; I've got a LOT of books to look through today.....

2 comments:

  1. Those are the sweetest notes EVER! I love getting to see Chris in a whole new way! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love them! I think I appreciate them more now than I ever did when I was younger. I have a ton of them, I'll have to post more! :)

      Delete