Saturday, January 7, 2012

We did it again....

I'm really not one for sleeping. I do like sleeping-when I can actually FALL asleep. My dad says when I was a baby and they put me down for a nap, I would lay in my crib and kick kick kick the wall just waiting until I was allowed to get up. Fortunately, I learned to read and my nights and naps from kindergarten on were more entertaining.

After many nights reading Nancy Drew by flashlight and knowing the dastardly villain was in my bedroom closet, I finally made it to college (where I still read Nancy Drew by flashlight). This is where I met some of my very best friends. I was happy to spend my sleepless nights with them by solving the world's problems. Typical bedtime: 5 or 6 a.m. YIKES.

Mainly these two awesome folks. Yes, that is my little smooshy face in the background...
When I say 'solving the world's problems', I mean we debated how Harry Potter would end and which characters we would invite to a dinner party all the while having Pirates of the Carribean marathons.

So you would think that being an official adult now and having graduated college 5 years ago, those late nights would be no more. You would be wrong. By the way, did you see the sun rise this morning? It was lovely!

I blame these guys: 
That's right: My husband, my brother and our best friend, Jordan. 
and this:
I also blame this for my double chin.

 It's not that we start the day and say: "Hey! Let's stay up REALLY late tonight and feel like ass tomorrow! Yay!" It just kind of happens. All kinds of things happen, and I try to document these shenanigans as best as I can. For example:



Christian gets annoyed when I film and/or take pictures constantly. Yes that is my cluttered fridge, you should see the inside.
Last night was NOT this exciting,  but we still solved quite a few of the world's problems. 

Over Christmas break we made a movie aaaand stayed up until 6am. Here are a few pictures of what it looks like when we make a movie (of course costumes are involved): 
Patrick's shirt says: He's formal, but he likes to party.

Not only were these possible costume choices, but Chris' weekend attire.
Can you believe I am blood related to this guy? Yeah..I know....you totally can.
I am also blood related to this handsome fella....
I think he was saying: "huh? I can't hear you over the awesomeness of this tight Hawaiian shirt."

So it being Saturday night, I say: why not stay up solving the world's problems, or exchanging crazy stories or even making weird movies that only you think are hilarious? You only live once, ya know.
Anyways, I gotta take a nap....

1 comment: