Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Adventureland

I love adventures. I love experiencing or trying new things; and I don't even mind getting lost. I keep telling Chris we need to try out for the show, The Amazing Race, because we'd DOMINATE. Although, I can't (won't) eat the weird stuff, like cow udders, so that may take us out of the running.

The thing about me is I consider anything an adventure. Wal-mart? On a Saturday afternoon the day before Christmas?  YES! Who knows what kind of THINGS we'll see! Or WHO we will see!  

So when a new antique/collectibles store opened, and my mom said: "you wanna go?" I immediately JUMPED at the opportunity for a new adventure. I was not disappointed. In fact, I was shocked at how amazingly wonderful the place was. I kind of want to go back everyday and dig a little deeper.


For example:
Hey there...sexy lady. The doll not me.
Please ignore my weird pose. I was trying to match the creepiness of the button doll.



I was most impressed to find these little cute painted gourds....
then I turned around to see this:
Ohhhhh Monkey lights! There are SO many things I want to decorate with you!
Let me just say: Button doll girl, gourds, and monkey lights were at the beginning of this adventure. When I realized there were rows and rows of hidden gems like these, I felt like crying tears of joy. It was then that I turned the corner and saw this:

WAIT. You mean to tell me there is such a thing as JOHN WAYNE TOILET PAPER?! What is this magical place?! Well how about this:

Hello cup dedicated to Missouri! Of course I want to drink from you!

Feeling overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the Missouri cup, I quickly rounded the corner and saw this:
Pottery Barn? How did you get in here?! I was very confused when I saw the above cool set up because literally I was just looking at this:

Just Orca whale hanging out with a Hot Wheels lunch box....

and when I thought things couldn't get any cooler in this mystical place, my eyes feasted upon this amazing piece of cinematic history:

A giant old school batman poster is cool enough by itself, but then I saw it was a part of this huge collection for sale: 

A whole section dedicated to McDonald's....?!
Ohhhh America. You and your obesity rates!

Even though I truly wanted one of everything in this new wonderland (even the Orca whale) there was only ONE thing that I regretted walking away from, and that is this guy:

but I just don't think he would fit on the fireplace mantle....

2 comments:

  1. Was this the place where Connie's used to be? If so I must go see!! Very Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! They have even cooler stuff than what I showed! Did you finish Hunger Games yet!?

      Delete