Friday, January 27, 2012

We can work it out....

If you remember, I told you in this post  about my love of basketball (and my whistle). I bring this up to tell you: I'm no a stranger to the gym/working out. However, the past few years, I slowly started to become a stranger to the treadmill....the weights..... running on the roads...... crunches.....tai bo...yoga...(you get the picture) and it was starting to show. SO I decided enough was enough and have started working out consistently with my dad.

Hey little lady!
Today, my mom told me she read somewhere that if you buy cute workout gear you're more likely to workout consistently because you look and feel good, and want to continue to fit in your fancy clothes. I thought about this, and realized she may be onto to something. Most workout pictures I see, show girls wearing clothes like these:

Her Patriotic 'Red, White and Blue' outfit totally gave her those arms...

Her pose says: I like nature, and sassy yoga outfits.

and finally,
If you wear that top and those shorts, you instantly get those abs....



I looked down at my outfit (that I'm still wearing) and realized I was NOT following the "wear the clothes that make you feel good so you workout hard" rule. Even my dad knew this:

Excellent color-coordinating, dad!

Then I caught my reflection in a mirror, and realized nothing I was wearing even MATCHED:

Please note my gunmetal gray shoes with hot pink laces, my maroon-pink sweats from Disneyland, my gray and red baseball shirt, and my red hoodie.....

.....Ummm, guys? I'll be right back, I've got some shopping to do....
Wait a second!
Who am I kidding? 
You know I don't care! That's good because I really hate going to the mall....
See you at the gym, I'll be the one wearing whatever I picked up off my floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment