Monday, January 30, 2012

Decorating 101


In the fall of 2010 I felt inspired and created my very own "picture wall" in our living room. Here is a picture of the famous wall: 

 -sorry for the blurriness my skills are a bit lacking in the professional iphone photography department, but you get the idea.

I really LOVE decorating/re-decorating my house. It must be some kind of  'control issue' thing, because anytime I'm having a bad week or am sad, I come home and immediately start re-arranging.

-This trend started when I was in jr. high, my parents would try to come in my room only to find the door blocked by my half-moved bed and me trapped in the corner by my huge half-moved dresser saying: "I don't know how this happened!?"

I recently decided to our walls were tired of being "davenport brown", and they definitely wanted to be "atmospheric blue"-so I took all the pictures down, and painted the walls a beautiful shade of blue that made me sing.

And boy, let me tell ya, Chris just jumped at the chance to help me re-hang all the pictures:
Hey you! You're not sleeping! Can you please help me? Please? Please?*bats eyelashes*

There really isn't that many....honest! Why won't you help me!?
That is a lie by the way, these poor pictures were laying on the floor, moved to the table, moved to the counter, and moved back to the floor for MONTHS, waiting for me to put them in their proper place: gloriously displayed on the wall.

Chris, finally fed-up, said: "I'm sick of these pictures being everywhere, do you want me to help you hang them?" I could tell you that was my plan all along, but I don't want to lie to you twice in one post.

So Chris got to work hanging pictures, and I got to work telling him the exact location (longitude and latitude) of where they belong, he was a very good sport:
"You really think this needs to be moved up a centimeter more? OK crazy lady!"

After a few tears, one fight, many 'have you lost your mind?' looks, and hundreds of holes in the wall later, we finished.

Are you ready for the GRAND unveiling!? 

TA-DA!!

You know, now that I'm looking at this, I think the walls are telling me they really want to be "heather blonde"......

No comments:

Post a Comment