Monday, January 2, 2012

It has begun...

Remember how I told you that I am officially a baseball fan now? I still am. No really! I am! The fact that Chris is now the baseball coach of the local High School makes it that much more sweet!

It's just that, well you see, I made that declaration during the fall season. Let me further explain: From the months of August until January I'm free. I'm free to go ANYWHERE (or nowhere) on the weekends, Chris gets home from teaching at 3:15 p.m. and takes the doggies for a nice long walk,  we watch football games, go to dinner, have deep intellectual conversations, etc.
Here is an example for you, dear reader, of a conversation, with Chris, during the Fall: 
**For some reason I'm imagining Chris looking like this fancy fellow when he's talking**
Me: Oh wonderful and attentive husband of mine, did you happen to see that most exciting article in the newspaper this morning? Wasn't it most intriguing?! What say you?

Chris: Why yes! Yes I did read it, my sweet and intelligent wife! I found it most enlightening. Especially the part where the President made his interesting quote regarding that major world issue....

... and here is what our conversations are like during his baseball coaching months:
 
 Me: Oh wonderful and attentive husband of mine, did you happen to see that most exciting article in the newspaper this morning? Wasn't it most intriguing?! What say you?

Chris: Why baseball! Yes I did read baseball, my sweet and intelligent baseball! I found it most baseball. Especially the part where the baseball made his interesting baseball regarding the major baseball issue.....
Honey? How did you get so round? Where did those red stitches come from?! What's wrong with your....uh-oh.
About this time last year I started to see a transformation in my husband. I was constantly being woken up in the middle of the night to him shouting: "GO! GO! GO! SLIDE! SLIDE! SLIDE!" or once he was arguing with the umpire in his sleep: "Aw c'mon that's ridiculous! There is NO way that guy made the tag! DO YOUR JOB!"

Chris is extremely dedicated to his craft. He loves it....

Rain
or 
 Shine

Shout out Mac County!
 and since he does does everything like the ultimate boss, I don't really mind losing him during those baseball coaching months. And even though deep intelligent conversations revolve around a little white ball hit with a round bat towards a group of men on a diamond shaped field....
To steal? Or not to steal?
I think I'll keep him. We'll always have the fall....
Besides, once you think about it.......it's really...... not all that.....baseball---aw crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment