Tuesday, December 13, 2011

You know you've got them.....

When I was first introduced to the awkward family photos website I was ecstatic to learn that other people make up captions for their family photos, and I wasn't the only weirdo in the world (Chris tells me this is still debatable).

  Every now and then I like to take stock of the pictures at my parent's house to see if any speak to me. You can read the time I documented this here. I recently dug out some old photos again, and found some real winners......



















Dad is saying: You know if you wear a white shirt tucked into SHORT shorts, and long white socks with white shoes....then your burgers will be grilled to PERFECTION!!

Poor Grandpa....
He thought the memo said: wear long black pants with black shoes, a striped apron and a chef's hat for 'grilled to perfection burgers'...he was wrong. So now he's in a chef's time-out. 

Hey guys:
Does this necklace make this outfit too outrageous?

This picture makes me think Christian and I are part of a kids hip-hop group:
Our song would be: "Get down with the granny rap...YO!"

Speaking of grandparents: 
You might think they are singing the traditional "Happy Birthday" song for Christian's birthday, but  Andrew's face is obviously amused by their harmonized rendition of "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-a-lot.


At first I thought this picture was of Andrew and his friend pretending to be hardcore gangstas, but the little boy's face in the backseat says: SAVE ME!! THEY ARE GOING TO RAP SOON! I think they should call their rap duo: Black Tie Affair

You may think the ball is traveling to the basket by mine and Christian's magic hands...but let's be honest here, it's totally dad's magic mustache.

This is the guy's first C.D. cover for their boy band....
but they had to split up...something dumb about the general public being afraid of men wielding machetes or something....the sombrero was a hit though.

And finally, my attempt at an awkward family photo years ago with Chris, Betty and Sam (Chris' boyhood dog):
Sam is saying: NO BETTY! Hold Still! If I have to be uncomfortable and shamed by wearing an elf ear stocking hat than so do you!
Yeah there's a pirate flag in the background- you're welcome.

Happy Holidays!








No comments:

Post a Comment