Thursday, December 15, 2011

Programs, a baby and nose pickin' galore!

Remember in this post I told you about my sister-in-law going to give birth any day now? Remember that? Remember I even showed you how to host a totally incredible most amazing baby shower? Remember?! Well she did it. She went and had that baby boy, Jack, yesterday:
Hi baby Jack! That's a sweeeeeeet santa hat you're rockin'!
 I think Amanda is making a frown-ish face because Jack kept squeaking in possible discomfort (or cold) and wouldn't just open his mouth and tell us what he wanted....that or it could be that she just birthed a perfect human being perfectly and would like a nap and for me to stop taking a million pictures....mmmm....nah.

Since Amanda was a little busy with a new baby, SOMEONE needed to represent tonight at Alli's Christmas program. Enter: The Super bad-ass team of Uncle Chris, Aunt Jess and Nana! 




The view from my back porch tonight, told me it was going to be a BRILLIANT Christmas program.

Here's the thing: I'm a professional when it comes to these programs. Since kindergarten, I've had some school or extra-curricular activity that required showmanship and singing on my part:
and sometimes wrapping myself up as a present is necessary for the sake of the show....

Alli is just now getting into the time of Holiday programs in her academic career, and I'm just now getting to experience these programs as a spectator. Oh dear. 

Who knew it could bring out the worst in somebody......and by somebody I mean me.


You know how I suffer from the stupidity of other drivers, also known as 'Road Rage'? Evidently I suffer from 'crowd rage' as well:
Ok so it's crowded. That's fine. I can handle that. Right? RIGHT?! At least I have my own sea- Seriously 6'7 guy?! You have to sit RIGHT in front of ME?! Rude. 

Looking around, I realized something:
I hate all these people. 

And then there was THIS lady: 
Ohhhh Grandma. You need to sit down RIGHT NOW. Quit standing up every 8 seconds to get a picture of your dumb grandchild. I'm sure Alli is way cuter anyways, and you're completely blocking her. Have you NEVER heard of 'crowd rage'!?

Fortunately, the cuteness of these darling little darlings singing their darling hearts out to darling songs AND waving like monkeys at their parents from the stage, melted my heart and distracted me from my Bruce Banner type anger.




What? You want to make a chocolate sundae for Santa? AND sing a song about hip-hop reindeer?! You're all just so cute! Look at you in your fancy santa hat picking your nose! What a doll!

Oh no. Are my eyes tricking me? What's that on the program? Could it be? A song written just for me? I think it might be....
IT IS! A SONG JUST FOR ME!
Seriously, this song describes my relationship with pizza with incredible accuracy.
Do you think it's available on iTunes??

The show was wonderful. Alli had her supreme team supporters to cheer her on, and she sang her little heart out like a boss

The only problem? The program ended, and everyone decided to leave at the same time: 
Welcome to my nightmare.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!










1 comment:

  1. Girl....I LOVE your Chronicles. You lighten my sleepless nights and love reading each and every word. You're funny Jessica! Love ya girl. Keep it up and I'd buy your book.....I'll go one step further. I would download it on my iBook app! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete