Monday, February 6, 2012

WHAT?! There is no way--Hey look at that!

We were at a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game when I was about 8, Christian was 5 and Andrew wasn't even thought of yet. My dad was holding my brother on his lap, trying to explain the game to him. Here is how the conversation went:

Dad: Ok, bub. See the guy with the bat? He's going to hit the ball. When he hits it, he is going to run as fast as he can to that white thing called the base. Then the guy already on the base is going to run to the next base. They score when they touch all the bases and end up where they started, at home plate. Do you kind of under-
Christian (interrupting): Look dad! A baby!

Obviously he had more important things on his mind, like perfecting his Elvis impersonation.
Circa. 1992

I tell you this story because I got some interesting news news today, and I'm hoping this will help illustrate how my family is a little random and bored easily,  not ADHD.

I took three on-line quizzes, and answered them as truthfully as possible with the results being the same each time. Each time I took a quiz,  this picture showed up at the end: 



I should mention that I stopped and started each quiz like 5 times because I just didn't like the tone of them. I guess I really shouldn't be that surprised because my brain does operate at a rate of 1,000,000 miles a minute, and I'm guilty of interrupting others (even myself) during conversations a lot.
My whole entire life, my mom would constantly say: "Why can't you just go from A to B? A to B? A to B? If you start something FINISH it, it's not that hard!"


Yeah, well you know what mom? You can take your A to B and- OH! I forgot to get the mail today!

I mean really, does this look like someone with ADD/ADHD?
You know what, don't answer that.



1 comment: