Friday, February 24, 2012

Fat weekend, Part 2

Every time I climb aboard my private jet (2006 Kia Sorento) and fly (cruise control at a comfortable 75 MPH) to Kansas City, like the true jet-setter I am, there is ALWAYS something new, or somewhere I have never been to experience.

Once, we went through this exhibit called "Dialogue in the Dark"where you are in total darkness, given a walking cane and led by a blind guide through different simulated scenarios like a park, grocery store, and a busy street . We used our other senses to discover our surroundings. It was INCREDIBLE! I think about it at least once a week.

My best friend, Lesley, knows all about this unending "quest for something new" personality trait of mine, and always graciously tries to accommodate me. This trip, she was able to tug on my heart strings. Enter: THE CITY MARKET!

For once I took an iphone picture that isn't blurry! Huzzah! Do you think "Historic City Market" would pay me for this masterpiece?

Apparently this place hosts a HUGE Farmer's Market, but only on certain days. Unfortunately, we missed those days BUT they still have shops open with unique, funky goods, and a slew of specialty shops where you can buy items you won't find at your local Wal-Mart. I was so excited, I decided to wear a hat:

The light was so perfect, I insisted Lesley let me take her and Blake's picture too:
Ok! Enough pictures already!!! Let's GOOOO!!

When you go to Historic City Market you see all kinds of goodies for sale:

Anyone interested in this framed-stained-glass-teacup-set-work of art? The spoon is included! 
It costs $115, it's kind of an investment piece. 

Lesley was confused as to why someone would want to pay $60 dollars for a boring black dress. 

When you go to the Historic City Market you see delicious sights that make your stomach rumble:

This was about the time I found the Italian Deli/Store, and realized I was actually visiting heaven. They had fresh ricotta cheese. FRESH RICOTTA CHEESE!


CHRIS! Show me how excited you are!!
This is his: "I'm humoring you, and pretending to be excited because you'll pester me until I act as insane as you" face. After this he said, "why don't you let me handle the camera for awhile."
Now THIS is an olive bar! I thought this place couldn't get any better until I rounded the corner and saw this delicacy:
Have you ever had truffle oil? If not, drive yourself to Historic City Market right now and buy some. I was so excited I did a little dance right there in the shop:
HUZZAH!!  

Our wonderful morning at Historic City Museum made us realize we were starving. Lesley and Blake swore to us that once we ate at "Oklahoma Joe's" we would never look at BBQ the same way: 

And boy were they RIGHT.

So next time you go to Kansas City, be sure to stop by Historic City Market, I'll be the one dancing with the truffle oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment