Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Weekend, part 1

While a majority of the world is celebrating Fat Tuesday today (practicing Catholics and non alike), I am still reveling and enjoying what I'm calling last weekend's, Fat weekend. Chris and I spent a most magnificent and grand time in Kansas City. However, it didn't start off so swell.

 Friday afternoon, I got a new tire and an oil change; and paid $277.79 for it. I was slightly taken aback by the figure, but consoled myself in the fact that I got to hang out with this sweet fella while waiting at the tire shop:

This little dog is Sheldon, at first I thought he was really cute. He started sniffing me in personal places and I could have sworn I saw him pee on that pile of stuffed animals on the left, and then I remembered I was paying his human $277.79; and I didn't think he was so cute anymore.

We finally retrieved the car with the expensive tire and began our mini-road trip. About 25 minutes into our 2.5 hour car ride my Attention Deficit Disorder  (that the internet informed me I have) kicked in. I started digging around in my cluttered glove compartment, and found this picture of Christian: 

I have never seen this picture, nor do I know how it got there, but if I ever meet a modeling scout I will be sure to present them with this. Yes, that is his real hair. Yes, I am jealous of it.

I decided the weekend needed to start off right, especially if I was going to begin it with a long car ride. That's right, Shamrock shake from McDonald's baby!:
As the McDonald's employee handed me my minty Shamrock shake, I heard her say: "You know they are really good as a half-chocolate, half-shamrock shake." Immediately, I wanted to throw this at her and say: "WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THAT WHEN I ORDERED!??" but Chris sensed my chocolate antennae go up and drove off quickly.

Shake mishaps and ADD be damned, we made it to Kansas City in record time. Actually, just in time for dinner. Fortunately my friend, Lesley, is engaged to quite the chef. He had Chicken Stuffed Peppers on the menu, and insisted I just sit back and relax:

To be honest, I only asked him once if he needed help and it was like this: "You don't need any help, do you?"

I started to feel a little guilty, and a little hungry, so I poured myself a glass of  'chef juice' and made guacamole for everyone:
 I made a LOT of guacamole, so I needed an equal amount of chef juice of course!
 It's science, people!

We also had these for snacks: 
Can you see why I'm calling it Fat Weekend?

I was enjoying my evening supervising Blake's cooking (lie-he needed zero help), when in walked two MORE of my favorite people (could this night get any better?):
Ta-da! Rick and Rachel!

You know how I feel about getting a candid shot, and I was bound and determine to capture our moment as three couples being awesome like bosses.

 Then I took this: 
I love this picture. Not because of Rachel's great laugh face, or Rick picking his ear; but Chris' face in the mirror. I think he took one look at our feast (or Rick's hair) and said: "Not bad."

If you are ever with me and I say: "I want to take a candid picture!" just tell me no because it will end up blurry anyways, and I will be severly disappointed: 

 See what I mean?

Looking at this feast just made me realize I have not eaten lunch yet and I'm starving; but since I already had my fat weekend I should really eat something healthy like a salad, right?

Yeah... totally... a salad. Definitely.  One that comes in a cup.... and is topped with whipped cream, a cherry .....and is half-chocolate, half-shamrock...rhymes with the word, make....and it's from McDonald's.....totally healthy.  
Meet you there.


1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try that chocolate shamrock shake!

    ReplyDelete