Monday, February 27, 2012

Are you ready?

This morning I was woken up at 4:45 to a kiss from Chris saying good-bye. I was slightly confused at first why he was leaving the warm cozy bed, and then I remembered: High School baseball season started today for our sleepy town. I wished him good luck and bid him farewell,  telling him I'd see him again in late August.

 I looked through some old pictures to get myself ready for Spring:
Aside from sunflower seeds, Big League Chew is a baseball necessity. This is the first step in becoming prepared for baseball spectating.

Layla knows when a hat is forced upon her head and a thousand pictures are being taken, it's baseball time!

These umpires are probably getting their eyes checked right now and getting into tip-top shape....
....maybe not.

It's still cold when baseball starts, so it's imperative to gather all warm clothing:
Amanda understands this and is totally ready!

Chris and my dad have been giving up their weekends, and have worked tirelessly on the field...
and now it looks like this:
Ok so not really, but pretty darn close!
I decided this year needed a good luck charm, so I made one. 
We use to make these in college all the time.
Baseball charm bracelet? Check!
Now that I am more prepared than ever before, I just need to convince Chris to let me kick off the first game of the year like Aunt Bethany in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (start at the one minute mark): 

See you at the field!


No comments:

Post a Comment