Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Superpowers

We rented, watched and liked Captain America and Thor, this last Sunday. It made me realize that everyone has superpowers. Some, like me, have more than one (obviously)...

 My brother, Christian, has a very unique superpower. If you are what you eat, he's definitely bacon and cheese; but if you are what you listen to, he would be every song ever written. The guy loves music, and not just any music. REALLY good music. He is never without a pair headphones. For proof, see picture below:

He also can talk to Diner statues.

 Here is how conversations regarding music go with my brother, Christian:

Me: "You know what song I'm into right now? As My Guitar Gently Weeps by Eric Clapton, so pretty."
Christian: "Ya! That's a great song. It was actually written by George Harrison and recorded by the Beatles in 1968 for their White Album, but Clapton does plays lead guitar on it. If you like that song, you'd really like blah blah blah"

If you want to know what a song is called, just call Christian up to get a quick answer:
Me: Hey! Are you busy?
Christian: No, what's up?
Me: Which band sings that song (singing) DOOON'T STOP BELIEVIIINNNN! Somethin' Somethin' FEEEELINNN'!
Christian: Journey.
Me:  Nooooo... that can't be right.
Christian: Yes. Journey. Why?
Me: Darn it, I just lost a bet.

A few years ago, I decided to use his superpower to my advantage, and began demanding he make music playlists and C.D.s for me. He did, but only because he loves me:

I probably love him more though.
 Christian is a frequent concert attendee, and is usually forced to be the resident D.J. at every party (although I have a feeling he chooses this job because other's people choice in music is sub-par):

See the ipod in his hand? He's about to rock the party out with his musical selections.

He also knows how to look cool at an outdoor music festival:
Yup, that's JACK WHITE'S mobile recording bus he's standing in front of.
Now that Christian makes me cool, I say things like: "This song is JUST NOW on the radio? Pshhh I was listening to it MONTHS ago!" like a true hipster would. 

I know what you're thinking: It's just NOT fair that she has a brother with Superpowers like this!  I agree. So, I'm starting what I call: "CHRISTIAN'S TUESDAY TOP TUNE PICKS.

Every Tuesday Christian will give me a list of the TOP FIVE  songs he's listening to that week. You can check them out, download them or completely ignore them (although I wouldn't they're usually pretty good). You guys are so lucky! So without further ado: 

CHRISTIAN'S TUESDAY TOP TUNE PICKS:
1. Hold On- Alabama Shakes

2. It's Time- Imagine Dragons

3. Beneath the piano- The Devil Makes Three

4. Disparate Youth- Santigold

5. Sleep Forever- Portugal the Man

You're welcome.


2 comments:

  1. Christian will always be my superhero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't know if you'll like the songs because you "need something with a beat, not this freakin' air guitar crap!" haha Love ya!!

      Delete