Monday, April 30, 2012

Did that even happen?

This last weekend my mom celebrated a VERY big birthday....

No. Don't ask me her new age! I won't tell you! No, I refuse! I swore to her I wouldn't let it slip that she was --whoa! You almost got me! Ohhh you are a tricky one, nice try, but you won't get me to tell!!

So anyways, back to my mom's 50th birthday weekend...it started off right with a beautiful bouquet of flowers being to delivered to my mom at my dad's chiropractic office. They were so pretty, I had Mr. Bones pose with them:


Later that evening, a bunch of us went to a delicious pizza joint (that we frequent about once a week) that has the most a-mah-zing spinach dip ever created:
I guess when you yell: "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK AT ME AND SHOW A CRAZY FACE!" Christian is the only one that will respond appropriately. 

Notice my dad's hand and intense face? He's getting the last bite of the spinach dip before anyone else notices..... I TOTALLY SEE YOU DAD!  I was so happy that all of our friend's came to help honor my mom while she celebrates being---Hey! QUIT trying to make me tell you her age! I won't do it!

So anyways, at my mom's 50th birthday party, my younger brother Christian and I decided we don't have enough pictures of us together after 23 years of 'togetherness' (lie) and used this opportunity to create a memory...
Actually, I just sneak-attack-style yelled: HEY! CHRISTIAN! SMILE!! 
Being the good-looking young man he is, this is how it turned out.....whatta jerk, right?!

Saturday we left the motherland and drove an hour away to continue the 50th birthday celebration. I feel like all I did this weekend was eat...and eat...and eat...but first, a baseball game: 

Then, we kept rocking her ---ooooh! I almost told you her age! Whew! That was close! Anyways, we kept the party going with an AMAZING dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant EVER. The place is pretty fancy, they even have a girl whose sole job is fill your water glass. You literally take a sip and BOOM! She's right there making sure the water level never reaches below the half-empty (or is it half-full?) mark...classy. 
Here is my mom in her fancy: "I just hit a big birthday but I'm kicking it's ass" outfit.
After the BEST dinner in the world (I had the tortellini, Chris had walleye) we made our way over to SHREK: The  Musical. I saw a flyer for this a few weeks ago while we were at the Willie Nelson concert and couldn't believe my good fortune, I was actually going to hang out with Shrek and the gang! 

They really really really insisted that you turn off your cell phone (don't ask me how I know this) so I couldn't take any pictures for you, but here is a picture I google-found of a scene: 


We decided to take advantage of our location, and went to one of our favorite places: the dueling piano bar. We were having so much fun I wasn't doing such a hot job of taking pictures, BUT I did get one of my mom up on the stage letting the piano man sing a Happy Birthday song to her: 

If you think he looks like he has crazy eyes-you're right, he totally does. He was super stoked to be singing a Happy Birthday song to my mom on her big --whoops! I almost just told you!

The next morning,  we needed needed food in our bellies and STAT. Fortunately, we had the good sense, the night before, to make plans with our good friend Sarah and her cute family for brunch. 

We ate at a real honest to goodness cafe and crepery...it was pretty awesome. I had no idea you could have so many different types of crepes. Even ones with Nutella...but that wasn't the best part. I mean, really, wouldn't you want to eat breakfast with these sweetie-pies?

Hi Livi! You're super cute!


Hi Caroline! You make my heart melt into a puddle of Nutella!

Before we left, I insisted the creator of these angels, that I've been friends with since I was 12, take her picture with me: 
Caroline's cute baby belly was just a bonus.
After our weekend of celebrating my mom's birthday (For the last time, I'm NOT telling you how old she is now) with her and my dad...

....I'll totally be ready when it's my turn to hit 50!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM,
I LOVE YOU!!

4 comments:

  1. Jessica, that piano man is totally my friend Paul!!! Small world! And just so you know, I LOVE reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy! That is so funny, he was VERY entertaining!! Next time we go I'll have to name drop you so I can get the songs I want played first! haha :)

      Delete