Thursday, April 5, 2012

Make way! Make way! The talent is coming through!

Remember how I told you about my BUCKET LIST? I can honestly say I have NOT met J.K. Rowling or professed my undying devotion to her, yet. HOWEVER, I was slowly starting to realize one bucket list item was within my grasp: item number ten, Be in a play.

 I talked to my talented thespian friend, Beth, and she said: "There is an audition for a play this Tuesday. Why don't you come with me?" I mustered all my courage and went. Do you KNOW what happens in an audition? Especially for a show with singing? and dancing? AND acting? You have to show your singing and dancing and acting skills to the play director and they decide if you are even worth the hassle of keeping around.

I thought: "Well, it's now or never!" and gave it my all, like a boss:

I brought my own skull, but the director said it wasn't necessary.

 After a brilliant audition, the show director begged and begged me to play the lead role (lie); but I felt that my superb acting abilities would be better suited for a smaller role, after all I didn't want to over-shadow the rest of the cast! I am playing, Goat's Mother.

If you ask me that is an extremely significant role! Without Goat's mother there would be no Goat and without Goat ....well I don't exactly know because I haven't read the whole script yet (note to you because I was confused at first, it is not an actual goat but a man nick-named goat).
The play is called, 'The Robber Bridegroom' and is loosely based on a Grimm's fairy tale.

You may now start calling me: 'The talent'


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's going to be! I'm not very shy so hopefully I won't have to use the whole "picture the audience naked" trick! :)

      Delete
  2. Jess I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete