Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ruffles, Sequins and Bow Ties galore....

The time for me to officially buy every single box of tissues Wal-mart has to offer, is upon us. My smooshy faced baby brother is graduating High School  in TEN days!! How is this possible!? I can't deal with it. Someone medicate me until this is all over, please! To kick start the final downhill slide of his High School career was prom. Andrew had a date (a gorgeous one at that) and everything!

Remember this picture? The one of Andrew and his best friends? The friends he's been best friends with since kindergarten?

and remember this picture of them at Fall Homecoming this year? 


Well they got together for one last 'take a shower and put on nice clothes and don't forget to open the door for your date' time. Of course, they had to make it their own: 

Every year before prom the kids all get together and let their families proudly take their pictures: 

First the boys: 
Now the girls: 

Ok kids, now all together: 

Come on now everybody focus!!  Wait. Wait just a second..... Are you seeing the love I'm seeing in the upper left hand corner?

Awww!

It was important we got a picture of the boys with their moms: 
because these same moms will be red-eyed and snot-nosed for all the graduation pictures coming up!

Richie's grandma and grandpa even snuck in there for a picture: 
Really, can you blame them?
 This is probably the last time they will ever see their grandson in a power blue tuxedo, frilly shirt, & top hat!

But I made sure to get my picture taken with Kali:
Naturally, since all the girls were wearing fabulous dresses, I needed to wear on too.

After we sent all the kids off on the 'party bus,' my parent's and I went to dinner. Just look who we found: 
Obviously my dad wanted a picture of his two favorite children together!

Picture time wasn't over, and we met up with the kids at the prom venue for even MORE pictures: 
Hi Keaton! Hi Phoenix! You look fancy!

 Here is Andrew and his fabulous date: 

Here is me and my date: 
Hi Chris! 

Next we took a picture of Andrew's fan club: 

and then a family picture: 

I know you've seen my and Chris' prom photo a million times, and after looking at handsome Andrew, I'm sure you're wondering: "Man! How are these kids able to take such amazing prom photos?" 

The answer is an easy: "duh"......

My mom and dad!
Prom, 1980 baby!



3 comments:

  1. You should have warned me about this one. You know I get emotional. :((

    ReplyDelete