Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Meet me in St. Louis

We traveled to St. Louis last weekend. The usual gang went, except we swapped Christian, who was in a wedding, for Andrew! We drove the 3 1/2 hours to St. Louis, and headed straight for the ball field. I have never been to a St. Louis game, and the new stadium is amazing. Look at this view:



 The arch! I have never been inside but my family members have and they said it's worth going in.
Fortunately, we were in the shade and didn't have the sun beating down on us. 

It was one of those "no weather" weather days. Where you're just as comfortable wearing a light jacket or t-shirt without fear of freezing or sweating to death. There is something about a clear blue sky, and 72 degree day that just puts everyone in a good mood (Our humid summers and cold winters are jealous, California!):

 I put this picture on my dad's facebook and titled it: "Dad's favorite child." 
It was not disputed, rude!

The outfield was detailed to perfection to look like the arch:


 Doesn't the infield make you want to run the bases? The grounds crew worked tirelessly before the game, making sure there wasn't a single unwanted bump or speck of dirt out of place.


 We were all super excited for the game to start. 
Have I mentioned Chris and I aren't even Cardinals fans? Washington Nationals, all the way baby!

 I always love getting candid shots of these two:
 Sweet beard, Chris! You're very manly.
 In our house 'No shave November' starts at the end of August.


After the game we met up with our friend from College, Nolan, and his girlfriend, Morgan. 




Chris is laughing because Nolan was purposely, and awkwardly, posing with his hand on his leg.


Morgan and I bonded over the fact that we love to run every picture (unapologetically) through the instagram app, giving us cooler looking pictures:
Although now that I'm looking at this, I can't tell if has been instagrammed?
Good pic anyways, Morgan!

 Mom didn't want her picture taken whether it was instagrammed or not.
 
The next day I think we all felt tired, like Andrew:


But my dad gave us a Captain Morgan style wake-up call and we were up and at 'em in no time.




 Considering I ate this beautiful Junk yard dog the night before, at the ball park,  topped onions, relish, ketchup and mustard......

Yes, I LOVE onions and I am unashamed.
 I figured, I should eat a wholesome and healthy breakfast......


 Just kidding. I didn't even eat the omelet:

 Hello chocolate donut.


No comments:

Post a Comment