Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ophidiophobia!


Once upon a time, my parents owned a big ugly blue and grey van. The only redeeming quality of this ugly behemoth, was the back seat folded out into a bed so we could sleep on long car rides. One fateful night, when I was 13 years old, we were driving back from Kansas City, when I realized my tooth was hurting.



I'm sorry if accidentally making Christian and Andrew look like clowns has frightened you, I was trying to convey their annoying younger brother-ness.


We made it home, and I was becoming more concerned with the aching tooth.




I made my way to the bathroom to see if I could pinpoint where the pain was coming from....




I carefully looked in my mouth, and leaned closer to the mirror.


It was then, from the corner of my eye, that I saw something small and black, flying at my poor little face. 



For a moment, I thought my dad was throwing a t-shirt to me, and I became very confused.

It took my brain all of 3 seconds to realize.....

A mouse had jumped on my face. 


I immediately ran through the house in hysterics....

screaming at the top of my lungs, for my mom. 

I told my family the tragic tale of a mouse jumping on my face, and was met with sympathy and understanding.....



Just kidding, they laughed hysterically:




The only reasonable explanation we could come up with, was the mouse was already on the sink and used my FACE as a bridge to his tiny mouse hole next to the toilet that nobody had noticed. 


So I'm sure you completely understand when I tell you my biggest, hugest, can't hardly stand them phobia, is:


Snakes.















No comments:

Post a Comment