Monday, October 8, 2012

Here we go Lake show!

A few weeks ago we celebrated Chris' birthday with a big, fun, bash at the bowling alley, if you didn't read about it or forgot, click here. So when I asked Christian what he wanted to do he immediately said: "Bowling." We literally did the exact same birthday for Christian as we did for Chris: pizza, beer, bowling. And it was still awesome. There was one difference though......

My family (myself included) are HUGE Los Angeles Laker fans. Being originally from Orange County, California makes that automatic. Being a Laker fan is woven into my genetic code.


Us kids at a game in 2006

Christian and I during the play-offs last year. We were doing our best to help generate a win by wearing our "rally jerseys" to no avail....you just wait until this year though!!

 In the picture below not only can you see my mom and dad doing a weird dance move, but you can see my dad is wearing a Magic Johnson shirt. The date on dad's shirt is 1989 which is a year after Christian was born. I think I can safely say Christian's obsession with the Lakers began in utero. 


I'm not using the term "obsession" lightly here, the guy is a surpremely passionate die-hard fan. He even has exactly what he would say planned out in his head if (when?) he meets Kobe Bryant....although I think he may just fall down and kiss Kobe's feet if he ever does meet him.

We decided to make Christian's copy-cat birthday his own, by giving it a Laker's theme, and wore our Laker gear:
Doesn't Andrew looked thrilled to be taking a picture with me? 




All of Christian's presents were Gold and Laker Blue:






I believe the phrase "best birthday presents ever" was used....

Patrick, Christian's best friend, was unimpressed, but he's a New England Patriots fan, so his opinion doesn't count.


Christian was so excited about his new clothes, that he immediately put on this shirt to wear to the bowling alley:

There is one more part of this Laker themed birthday that literally takes the cake... and 
I'm sure you know this, but if not, click here to find out about my love of cake.

Yeah, I totally made this:



I asked Christian: "Soooo....was this the best birthday ever or what!?

"Duh."





No comments:

Post a Comment