Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Whodunnit?

Recently, my parent's took us kids on a family get away to St. Louis. I have been to St. Louis only a handful of times, but it might be one of the most underrated cities ever. The last time we went was almost 3 years ago when I experienced the joy and wonder that is CITY MUSEUM. Little did I know that was just the tip of the St. Louis iceberg.

Before we left for this bustling city to the north east (home of the 1904 World's Fair, no big deal), we asked ourselves the usual: "Well what will we do once we get there?" questions. We were actually floating in the lake discussing this when my mom said: "what about that one place that does those one things....oh you know...murder mystery....and you like go and eat..."  I was shocked. How could a murder mystery dinner theatre be in existence and I didn't know!?

I quickly did some research and found this elusive place that is full of murder....and mystery...and dinner....and discovered it was known as Bissell Mansion Theatre; I immediately called and made reservations.

The woman who took our reservations asked typical questions like 'how many in your party?' and 'what date would you like to attend?' But THEN she asked the best question of all: "Would you like speaking parts for your group?" I practically shouted, YES! You mean, WE get to be a part of the murder mystery?! Sign me up. My enthusiasm was not matched by my family. I'd say they were down right annoyed I said yes without consulting them. Too bad.

We arrived in style, and right on time. There was a big dining room filled with about 40-45 other diners. Appetizers were served as we waited for all the guests to arrive:

I must admit, I did find it a bit odd that Crab Rangoon was one of the appetizers...I thought maybe there would be something a little more mysterious-y. 


The killer is DEFINITELY in this picture....have a guess who?

Soon it was time to start the show, and figure out who killed "Bitsy" the Mardi Gras Queen.

We were introduced to the main characters, given our "names'' and script pages.
It was fairly simple, follow along the script until it's your turn to speak.

I can't work with this! What's my motivation? Where does my passion come from?



This was Christian's role, a detective. He didn't come in until Act III. 


My role was Georgia Peach, and my daddy owns the largest peach farm in all of the South. 
Here I am speaking my lines with grace and one heck of a Southern accent: 
I expect my Tony award in the mail any day now.


Andrew is turned around trying to figure out where the voice of "Harry Conduit, Jr." was coming from. I'll tell you this: Harry was NOT the murderer. 


Christian was obviously in deep thought about what the actor,-er, I mean- John Lafeet,  was explaining to my dad- uh, I mean- Carlos Violincello, the mobster and concert violinist....



I told Christian in all of the pictures I have of him he looks very confused. 
He said: "Well duh, it's a murder mystery....."


Andrew played the Cajun chef....his one and only line was uttered after Chris said: "Whoo-whee! I love me some steak!" Andrew had the tough line of: "I like my steak medium rare!" 
And that was it for those two...they definitely weren't the murderers. 


At one point, accusations were flying, alibis were called into question, and fingers were pointed. 
WHO WAS THE MURDERER?

 I can tell you it was not one of these three people below:



Which only leaves one person as the killer of poor Bitsy, the Mardi Gras Queen.....



CARLOS VIOLINCELLO!!! 
I will tell you Carlos was just as surprised as the rest of us that he was in fact, the murderer. 
It was discovered that when Carlos went to play for Bitsy she told him he had the "smallest fiddle she'd ever seen" and Carlos did not appreciate that one bit! I was sort of hoping Georgia Peach WAS the killer because Bitsy seemed like a real jerk.


Don't worry, dad  Carlos wasn't sent to jail. He was such a superb actor, they didn't want to arrest him....

 ......just his picture. 

I think there might be a new profession for all of us in the near future......

No comments:

Post a Comment