Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My brush with greatness...

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this or not, but I'm totally married to someone famous. Remember  this post about Chris being awarded a Star Teacher? Well let me just tell you, he's only going up baby!!

Chris received a random voice mail one Wednesday morning of a women's voice telling him he needed to be in full uniform ready to have his picture taken, and answer a few questions for an interview in the next couple of weeks. Being the naturally skeptical person that he is, and thinking no one would possibly want to interview him, he promptly deleted the message and forgot all about it.

However, as fate would have it, someone DID want an interview with him: Show Me The Ozarks Magazine to be more specific. Turns out they were doing profiles on 10 area coaches and Chris was chosen to be one of them.

Naturally, I assumed it was really a ploy for them to interview ME....I mean....do you even KNOW what it's like to be a coach's wife? I was primed; I was ready; but alas, it seemed the interview was really to get Chris' philosophy on coaching.

Chris met with the writer/photographer, Rose, at the baseball field. In addition to being a super cute writer and photographer, Rose has a blog called The Flying Farmers where she talks about her adventures as a pilot, her gardening, and even her border collie, Pax. To say I was intrigued is putting it lightly, I have since told her she is my new best friend. By the way, what's a restraining order?

It was rainy the day of the interview, so we set up inside the equipment shed, and Rose got to work. Layla was also there to answer any questions if necessary:

 I was surprised when Rose started my interview with questions to Chris asking how long he had been coaching, what his record was, and other various coach questions.

Rose nodded politely when I told her all about what I did while Chris was gone getting the field ready before games, how I make sure Chris is always mentally prepared, my own pre-game ritual, what items are essential to bring as a spectator,etc. I did notice she didn't write any of it down though.....

After Chris told all of his coaching secrets it was time to brave the rain for a quick picture:


"Make sure you get my good side...."


Ummm....Rose? Shouldn't you be pointing the camera elsewhere? More specifically to the lovely lady standing behind you? The one who is having a good hair day and wore a cute outfit!?

After the interview and picture I insisted my new best friend, Rose, and Chris take a picture to commemorate this momentous occasion. It's not everyday I ALMOST got interviewed for a magazine:


I said: "Both of you look like you feel very awkward." To which they both replied: "We DO feel awkward."
I should add that these photos were taken with my phone, and are NOT up to Rose's photography skills....

Chris and I waited with anxious anticipation for my- I mean Chris'- article to make it's way to news stands. Finally it happened, the August edition was out. We turned to page 45 and there he was:


Good picture, honey!

I do have to say, I'm quite proud of him and the coach he's become. Chris works really hard to make sure he's making the best decision, carefully considering all possible angles and weighing his options.

 He's like this when we're trying to choose a restaurant too....it takes forever. 

So even though Rose forgot some of my quotes, and decided to use Chris' picture instead of mine; I understand. My day in the sun will come....

Besides, I think we all REALLY know who the star of this family is:



....and it's this snaggle toothed beatuy!

Here is the magazine if you want to read the article for yourself, and be extremely impressed: 











No comments:

Post a Comment