Thursday, August 23, 2012

H2O

I finally feel like I've recovered completely from our whirl-wind of a family vacation! Geez, it only took me a month--yes, it totally was that epic!  How so, you ask? Let me show you:


Every morning, at the crack of 9 AM, my mom would head to the beach, and snag us a good spot under a shady cabana. The leaves made the best sound in the breeze, perfect for a mid-morning snooze.

Andrew may look like he's people watching, but he's actually sound asleep. 
The kid can sleep anywhere, anytime and in any position. Frankly, as an insomniac, I find it rather annoying.

The ocean!
 It was just as expected: warm and salty (that's what she said). 


 As you know we are avid lake goers and have quite a bit of skill when it comes to 'floating.' Obviously floating in the sea is different than OUR lake, but the concept is the same .

The only bummer, about the water, was a huge storm had come through the week before and brought tons and tons of seaweed with it. We were fighting the spongy, prickly, bushy algae all week. At one point, I heard my mom yell: "GET OFF ME SIGMUND!!" Confused by the lack of anyone near us, I said: "Who the heck is Sigmund?" Mom continued to yell while picking seaweed off her shoulder: "Sigmund the Sea Monster!" The seaweed was then known as Sigmund the remainder of the trip.

Having only been to the Pacific Ocean, I loved the clear water, seaweed and all. 
We usually started the day off at the beach, and when the tides started bringing Sigmund the Sea Monster our way, we headed to the resort pool that was complete with a convenient swim-up bar (Now we're talking!). Many a good times were had in this pool:

Me and the guys, at the bar. They are posing as "dragons"--don't ask.

The swim up bar was really cool and all, but something became WILDLY apparent to me when I didn't see anyone leaving the pool ALL day while consuming copious amounts of alcohol (I think you know where I'm going with this): We all were swimming in a pool of stranger's pee that happened to be mixed with a little chlorine.

To be honest, I got really grossed out by this thought the first day...


......then I got another margarita,  peed in the pool, and got over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment