Friday, June 29, 2012

Let's go graduate!

When I graduated (NOT VERY LONG AGO but don't ask me when because I'll have to lie to you) we had the ceremony in our High School gym. Since the entire town seems to come celebrate the graduates, it was packed and hot and really really long. Fortunately, the big wigs at the school realized having the ceremony at the football stadium was a much better idea and people weren't passing out from heat or shanking each other to get a seat......
We had excellent seats right on the 50 yard line, and everyone seemed to be in good spirits: 
Hi Grandmere and Grandpere! I miss you!
Hi Aunt Heather and Uncle Tony!! You guys sure are cute!
My dad and his mom...I have no idea what she is saying here.
 The graduates filed in and sat down. Since Chris is a teacher at the High School (and a star teacher at that), he was asked by a couple students to hand them their diploma. I stupidly didn't wear my glasses, and had to squint to see him: 
Either I'm squinting or giving someone the evil eye.....

Yes, you caught me squinting.... and yes, I chose style over eyesight....


The ceremony began, a ton of speeches were given and each speaker required us to pray. We prayed....and prayed....and prayed....and prayed. I don't mind a prayer or two, but you'd think these speakers would get together and decide who would pray and when! Christian was quite amused:

The moment finally came when my smooshy little baby face walked across the stage and graduated. It was an emotional moment because when Chris handed him his diploma he gave him a huge bear hug and pat on the back. It was a sweet moment between brother-in-laws. 

Huzzah! You graduated!!
 After the graduation ceremony, all the families walk down to the field to pose proudly with their graduate and end up taking a million family pictures.
Amanda, Chris' sister, and her husband, Jackson came to represent their side of the family.

We can never have too many 'sister pictures'.....

Hey there's Chris!

He was sweating a lot, but I still think he looks foxy:
I think Grandpa told Chris the way he handed those diplomas out was truly inspiring!

Finally, we found Andrew and I started snapping away on my camera:

A proud dad and his boy. 

A proud mom and her boy. 

The graduate and his family. Andrew is still seemingly in good spirits despite the hundreds of pictures being taken of him....only a couple more buddy! 

 The boys

The girls.
I promise I'm pointing at the diploma and NOT making a 'we're #1' sign.

As the long emotional day wound down, and the adrenaline wore off, we realized we all were exhausted. 
 I'm pretty sure Andrew's face here sums it up perfectly: 








No comments:

Post a Comment